We hope that you and yours are well. We miss seeing our classrooms and hallways filled with learners of all ages.
Like all spaces where the public congregates, we have made some changes to protect everyone's health. All are in keeping with the most recent guidance by the Rhode Island Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control. We ask all visitors of Westerly Education Center to please abide by the practices that will help contain the spread the COVID-19 virus.
- Staying home if sick or if you have symptoms associated with coronavirus. Or if you have tested positive and still in quarantine. Or if you have been in close contact with someone who is positive or is awaiting results of a COVID-19 test.
- Wearing a cloth mask while on Westerly Education Center property. This includes the building, parking lot and grounds. We look forward to seeing your mask style. If you are wearing a disposable mask, please dispose of it at home, not at WEC.
- Washing hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water frequently while visiting the center.
- Liberal and frequent use of alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your face, nose and eyes, even when masked.
- Maintain 6 feet of space between you and others at all times.
- Keep to your small group and please do not fraternize with other classes and visitors.
- Please help us clean the areas you were present. Your instructor will guide you on how to do this and when.
We really appreciate your cooperation in helping us keep the center open for learning and for helping people get jobs. It's so important to rebuild the economy back to the pre-virus time. Learning new skills and working toward a degree, certificate or industry-recognized credential will help transition many to employment. Here are some of the steps we are taking to protect public health, as well as the health of our staff and instructors:
- Lobby -- Tables and chairs have been removed to reduce the number of people congregating in this shared space.
- Classrooms -- The number of people assigned to a classroom has been decreased so that all can maintain 6 feet of distance.
- Computer Labs -- The number of people who can use the computer workspaces has been reduced so that all can maintain 6 feet of distance.
- Hands-on Training Area -- Please remain in your assigned pods and 6 feet of distance within the pod.
- Cleaning Schedule -- All areas of the center will be cleaned and sanitized by professional custodians 2-4 times per day based on the number of hours the building is open. Additionally, staff and others will wipe down desks, chairs, keyboards, elevator buttons, restrooms, doors and other commonly touched surfaces multiple times throughout the day.
Please let us know if you have any specific questions or concerns related to your visit to the center and we'll be happy to discuss them with you. Tom Pearce is the operations manager and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 401-388-4426.