The Office of the Postsecondary Commissioner seeks to hire a facilities coordinator for its Westerly Education Center (WEC). This individual is responsible for oversight of the WEC facility and coordination of facilities and services within the tenant space, and serves in an administrative capacity to the director of WEC, providing critical administrative support. The coordinator also performs private clerical and administrative duties of a complex and responsible nature.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Managing and leading the charge of facilities to ensure minimum disruption of the business core activities.
- Ensures assigned equipment is in proper working order and available for use
- Maintains physical space, ensuring a safe, clean, and functional environment
- Receives, manages, and processes all facility and visitor requests; ensures problems are resolved quickly
- Acts as liaison between employees and outside contractors needed to resolve specialized problems
- Drafts and implements preventive maintenance schedules for buildings and equipment
- Ensures safety standards are followed throughout the facility
- Provides a timely, appropriate and efficient response to building emergencies
- Maintains inventory of supplies; reorders as needed
- Assists visitors with basic computer and technology issues
- Provides top-notch customer service to clients
- Performs other related duties as assigned
The incumbent is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Associate’s degree required. Minimum of three years’ experience in a complex administrative role, preferably in education and/or facilities setting, with responsibility for procedural development; demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality; demonstrated ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
Required Skills, knowledge and abilities
- Ability to work non-standard hours
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Experience working with students and faculty in a higher education environment
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, and to work with minimal supervision in a deadline-driven environment, balancing multiple priorities, ability to handle information of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Ability to interpret institutional policies, plans, objectives, rules, and regulations
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
This is a non-union, non-classified position with a pay grade of 7. The coordinator reports to the director of Westerly Education Center. Send resume and cover letter by 5 p.m. on February 23, 2024. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.